PDA

View Full Version : RMNP Divide Pano

Jared Gricoskie
01-31-2009, 10:12 PM
This is a 6 photo pano put together in CS3 of the Continental divide in Rocky Mountain National Park. It was a spontaneous situation so I didn't have my tripod on hand. I would have preferred more room above the highest peak, but for handholding and panning it captured a special moment of fog and blowing snow.

There was just the faintest pink glow in the light that I added to in Photoshop

D200, 300mm f4, @ f5, 1/2000 ISO 100

Roman Kurywczak
02-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi Jared,
I'm torn with this one....as I find the layers very nice on the RH side but as it gets to the center more and the left......the tightness comes into play heavily. Do you think you could add canvas to every image B4 you put it into PS so that when it crops down......you would have more base and sky workable?? I think that would help the image overall in the final presentation. I may also play a bit more with dodging and burning in the middle area to bring out another level of texture like you have on the right and left side.

Robert Amoruso
02-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Like Roman, I too like the lines and flow of the image. The tightness at the top and bottom make it feel cramped. When doing panos be sure to leave more room then you think you need at the top and bottom as the stitching process usually means that you have to crop to account for curvature correct in the software.