PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Dickenson SP B&W

Harold Davis
01-31-2009, 07:03 PM
i made quite a few compositions while i was there last weekend, but thought this one stood out from the rest.

D300, 18-200VR at 18mm, 5-image HDR at -2 to +2EV at f/9, ISO 200

thanks for looking and C&C appreciated.

Gus Cobos
01-31-2009, 07:51 PM
A lovely composition indeed,
This is well composed and executed...I like the feathery clouds...suggestion..boost the contrast just a tad, not too much...:cool:

Roman Kurywczak
02-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey Harold,
While i think you achieved compositional balance in the image....I find the overall scene quite distracting.......too much going on in the FG for my tastes. that being said.....I now know how difficult landscapes are in Florida so I applaud your efforts and i will also add that you were definitely careful with the edge elements and seperation......this one just doesn't work for me as the FG isn't interesting enough to carry the overall image.

Harold Davis
02-01-2009, 11:34 AM
swing and a miss!!:D thanks for the comments!!! i shall try again!

Robert Amoruso
02-02-2009, 06:21 AM
Harold,

The thing to do here is to examine the scene and ask yourself what it is you liked about it. I am guessing the weathered tree and the clouds - that's what interests me.

What I would have tried here would be a super wide angle (my 17-40mm) got in close to that tree and framed it against the sky and clouds.

Harold Davis
02-02-2009, 09:26 AM
thanks robert. besides going vertical, that's the best i could do. it was taken from a boardwalk.

i guess what i liked about the scene was the tree that i thought added interest in the foreground and the fact that you could look out for miles and see no houses which is rare in south florida. yes, compared to grand teton or yosemite or any other natural wonder in the US, this pretty much sucks! makes me appreciate what you and paul m do with the FL landscape. it aint easy!!!