PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Waxwing

Doug Hitchcox
01-31-2009, 06:57 PM
This guy was quite the poser yesterday but did not like coming out of the dense part of this tree so I kept the aperture wide open to blur its surroundings as much as possible. Does it work for you or is it still too busy?

Camera: Canon EOS 30D
Lens: Canon EF 100-400mm
Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/320
Exposure Bias: 0ev
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 400mm
Full frame, Gitzo 3530LS

Ramon M. Casares
01-31-2009, 07:52 PM
I think that the BG it a bit more bussy than what I'd like, but at the same time it tells us something about the ambient, Very nice pose, light, detail and colors, IMO the stomach is a bit ovexposed but if you work with RAW it could be toned down easily. Congratulations!

Bob Malbon
01-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Doug, I agree on the stomach and add that you need to pull up some detail in the eye - it looks like there is some there. Myself I love the habitat. - Bob

Daniel Cadieux
01-31-2009, 09:13 PM
I agree about the belly and eye. I don't mind the BG too much, but there two things that bug me about it: 1) the berry clump touching the back of the head, 2) the yellow spot just in front of the chest. Both of these should be easily correctable with a bit of TLC. I'm also finding myself missing the yellow tip to the tail...such a neat field mark that is unfortunately hidden here.

Doug Hitchcox
02-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks everyone, comments were about what I expected. I tried to do some editing on it to fit the 'requests' but it still needs some work.

Nikolay Staykov - shotlandetsa
02-04-2009, 03:03 AM
Thanks everyone, comments were about what I expected. I tried to do some editing on it to fit the 'requests' but it still needs some work.

The original is just wonderfull! I love the mood of the photo and the soft pastel colors. good job!