PDA

View Full Version : Brown Pelican

Doug Brown
01-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Here's a tight shot of a good looking specimen of a Brown Pelican in flight. I clipped one of the wings so I thought I'd bring it in tight. Do you think this works as presented? Thanks for the input! I had my camera set up for a different subject when this Pelican flew by; the RAW file is a little underexposed.

http://birdwhisperer.smugmug.com/photos/465099670_3BSzd-O.jpg

Canon 1D Mark III, 500mm + 1.4x, f/5.6, 1/6400, ISO 500, -1 1/3 EC, no flash, hand held

Steve Maxson
01-31-2009, 06:22 PM
The comp works for me, Doug. You might consider cropping even more from the left. Nice light and background. You might also try a bit more sharpening around the eye.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-31-2009, 06:25 PM
The crop works for me, the eye contact makes it interesting. Maybe a bit NR on the sky.

Ramon M. Casares
01-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Works great to me, Love the light, eye contact, detail and colors, but IMO in the back of the head, there's some noise (not a lot ) probably noticeable due to the crop. Congratulaitons! I love it!

Doug Brown
01-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Revision:
1. More sharpening to the eye
2. NR to the white feathers on the head
3. Additional NR on the BG

You guys are pretty good at this critiquing business!

Juan Carlos Vindas
01-31-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm glad I'm coming late to see this image!

Because of the ''critiquing business'' but you know pretty well, that that's the only way we can learn. You can see ''things'' in my pictures that I don't, I can see ''things'' in your pictures that you don't. As Arthur mentioned yesterday, ''It's good to have several sets of eyes around.''

Ok, too much bla bla bla. I like your image. The compo does work for me and I find the repost even better than the origanal, why? because you atended all the suggestions.

James Salywoda
02-01-2009, 03:13 PM
I love the presentation Doug the crop works for me nicely presented...:)