PDA

View Full Version : First one of 2008

D. Robert Franz
01-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Lets start off the new year with a bang and make this fourm the premier wildlife forum on the net.

Captured this bison on my Winter Yellowstone IPT.

Canon 1d2, EF70-200mmF2.8, ISO 320, 1/100 @ F5.6

Alfred Forns
01-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Strong image both in composition and mood !!! Love the prominent eye !!! Big Congrats !!!

Been looking up and down the wildlife gallery and it is one impressive group of images !! I have no doubt we are going to be the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judd Patterson
01-01-2008, 01:25 PM
This is really great! I love how the frost really brings out all the details in the bison fur. It's amazing the cold weather that they must endure in Yellowstone.

Linda Robbins
01-01-2008, 05:38 PM
This is a powerful image. The pose works well here because the marvelous frost on his fur is more striking with the bison's body as a background rather than the white snow. The eye is mesmerizing, and the exposure is perfect. Just lovely!

DanWalters
01-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Beautiful image. Really like the vertical format and the frost on the bison. The eye really stands out also.

Jasper Doest
01-02-2008, 04:48 AM
Happy new year to you too Robert. And a nice reFRESHing image to start with. I'd love to photograph these one day. Personally I'm not a big fan of portraits like this...but the frost and the eye make this one really interesting. Perhaps I'd prefer to see a tighter photograph, without the white background included. I can imagine that a close abstract of just the eye and nose would be really interesting with that frost.

Bob Boner
01-02-2008, 02:36 PM
My first reaction is "cold, cold, cold." The frost-free eye, nose, and horn really stand out. I like your use of the hump and ribs for the background rather than frost/snow covered terrain. Thanks for sharing.