PDA

View Full Version : Brown-eared Bulbul (Hypsipetes Amaurotis)

Rene' Villela
01-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Good evening!
I am sure there many things wrong with this shot but I am really happy with it. I've been chasing these birds for a long time and I could never get a decent shot. They are so timid and they live up in the mountains.
I was so lucky, I was driving home when I saw a few birds around some bushes. I stopped my car, got my camera and set it on a monopod inside the car. I waited a few seconds and the bird came, I took around 5 shots and viola!
The mountains are cover with snow so they have to come down to the city to look for food.
I had to clone out a leaf from his back, now it looks like its behind him. Also a long stick.
I am having a problem uploading pictures lately. The colors got bad coz I had to export the JPG file from Aperture and then imported again to make it smaller and every time quality degraded.
All comments welcome, thank you for your time.

Nikon D300 - AFS 300 f/4 - TC17eII, AP f/6.7, 1/400s,ISO Auto 560

Arthur Morris
01-31-2009, 12:34 PM
The image looks wonderful. Getting a sharp image of that berry going down was a coup. And the perspective is different but interesting. EXP good and I cannot see any of your leaf removal so good job on that. All in all well done.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Great moment captured and I'm always happy to see a species I'm not familiar with. Details look good, only the bright spot in the BG in the lower right is a bit distracting.

Rene' Villela
01-31-2009, 10:21 PM
Artie, Axel... Thanks a lot! it was just a lucky shot. As I said, I've been chasing them for so long and couldn't get them no matter how long I waited. This was so easy and I was driving! :)

Axel... yeah! That white spot, its snow. I didn't know what to do about it. Any suggestions?