PDA

View Full Version : Morro Bay High

Katie Rupp
01-31-2009, 01:38 AM
Thanks to Aidan Briggs who suggested Orchid Outriggers in an earlier thread in this forum, I had an absolutely wonderful morning on Morro Bay. This picture was taken shortly before we left the shore as Marc Shulman, Orchid's owner and operator readied the outrigger. He paddled while I captured images and totally enjoyed the view. We saw shorebirds and ducks, pelicans, herons and egrets, hundreds of avocets and godwits; a Peregrine Falcon and a Northern Harrier and much more. It was peaceful and quiet and a great experience. Check out orchidoutriggers.com if you're planning a trip to central California.

Kerry Perkins
01-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi Katie. Thanks for this tip, I didn't know about this opportunity. The Morro Bay area is a favorite of mine. There are several pelagic tours available, but this one looks like a nice solitary experience.

If you don't already know about this, check out the Central Coast Birding Trail web site. There are some great resources there for birders. http://ca-ccbt.info/

Aidan Briggs
02-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi Katie,
Yes, going out on the bay with Marc is pretty ideal for photography, considering you are in a boat.

Did you get any keepers? It would be great to see them.

P.S. Marc will sometimes let photographers have a page on his site, with their images from their trip.