Camera maker: Sony
Camera model DSC-T2
F-stop: f/14
Exposure time: 1/250 sec
ISO:320
Focal length: 16mm
Aperture:3.625
No flash.

I took this picture at a bird garden. :)
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9593/dsc00472pg4.jpg

Tony Whitehead
01-30-2009, 11:36 PM
That's a really interesting flower with all the stamens sticking out, Nick. The light is making it very difficult to get a good picture though. I think the camera has been fooled by the dark background and has over-exposed the flower so the red channel is very clipped and you have lost detail there. The sun and shade in the BG is making it a bit of a distraction, especially the bright area on the right. Next time try and find a flower that is in the shade or maybe get someone to stand so that their shadow is over the area you are trying to photograph. It may have been an option to get really close so you just had the flower in the frame without the leaves in shade and sun in the BG. Keeping trying and having fun making pictures.

Anita Bower
01-31-2009, 05:45 PM
Cry-Nicholas:

I hope you continue to take photos of New Zealand flowers. This one looks so interesting!

Cry-Nicholas Meyer
02-01-2009, 12:26 AM
That's a really interesting flower with all the stamens sticking out, Nick. The light is making it very difficult to get a good picture though. I think the camera has been fooled by the dark background and has over-exposed the flower so the red channel is very clipped and you have lost detail there. The sun and shade in the BG is making it a bit of a distraction, especially the bright area on the right. Next time try and find a flower that is in the shade or maybe get someone to stand so that their shadow is over the area you are trying to photograph. It may have been an option to get really close so you just had the flower in the frame without the leaves in shade and sun in the BG. Keeping trying and having fun making pictures.

Thanks for your comments Unfortunately I can't quote both of you but if I could I would :)

I'll keep on posting NZ flowers as well :D