PDA

View Full Version : Ruffed Grouse

Daniel Cadieux
01-22-2008, 07:49 PM
It's not often you get a cooperative Ruffed Grouse, many of us in Ottawa made sure not to miss our chance with this rather tame individual. It decided to strut nicely on top of a snowbank, and luckily I had a relatively good BG to work with in this particular spot that it chose to stop and pose. I like the pear shape it took here! As a self critique I would like a tad more space left and bottom, but I'll take any full-frame image of this species!

Canon Rebel XT + 100-400L @300mm, 1/100s., f/7.1, ISO400, +0.7 EC, handheld

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/dancad/Ruffed-Grouse_forum.jpg

Stephen Stephen
01-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Nice capture Dan. I like the pose and the snow falling. I may have left some more room at the bottom for his invisible feet. Perhaps we'll see him again soon.

Loyce Hood
01-22-2008, 09:02 PM
I like the way you've captured him. Nice pose. However, I agree on the more room for his feet. The snow is a bit hot as well but seeing how sharply he's focused, the snow is only a little tiny nit. Nice work.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Great pose and details. You could easily add some canvas at the bottom. The snow looks a bit greenish on my monitor and I find the branch sticking out of the grouse's neck a bit distracting.

Caroline Darmo
01-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Full frame & a grouse out in the open... Can life get better than that...