PDA

View Full Version : Backyard View

Dave Mills
01-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Not quite sure where to put this one but it is a landscape. I was hired by a high end landscape architect to shoot examples of his work for a brochure he was developing.He did beautiful naturalized pools, etc. I tried to approach it as artistically as I could yet still give a good representation of his work. This is one of many I did for him...

Dave Mills
01-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Oops..left out specs
Nikon D300 24-120 lense
F22 1/250 tripod mtd 0 comp

Harold Davis
01-30-2009, 03:07 PM
hi dave, i think the reds and greens are a little over saturated. it seems to need some CW rotation also. the pool seems to be leaning left. and a local contrast boost to the elements right around the pool might add a nice touch too. i like the fog in the woods out back. nice touch!

Dave Mills
01-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi Harold...You have a point about CW rotation...what threw me was the the right hand post being very straight(at least to my eye) vertically. The colors are a bit strong but I moved them up a bit from the original fearing the image would come out flatter once I resized it. Go figure....

Harold Davis
01-30-2009, 04:22 PM
dave, i think it's coming from distortion. that or either you need tilt/shift capabilities? i think the scene may be beyond the physical capabilities of a regular lens.

Dave Mills
01-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Harold...you might very well be right on that...thanks for the comments...

Roman Kurywczak
01-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Hey Dave,
I don't mind the lean because of the lens...but agree with Harold on the saturation. May be a function of save for the web. I like the path placement but the glasses of wine....just don't work for me. Maybe if you chose red wine:D....or preferably beer.......just kidding.....because of the WA lens....it is too minimized and wonder if moving it forward in the frame......would have helped.