01-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Bosque del Apache pano
9 vertical shots.
canon Mark IIN
600mm 1/800 at f/13

ISO 640

Harold Davis
01-30-2009, 03:09 PM
the colors in the sky are really nice. i just find that there is not enough detail in the mountains to hold my interest. i guess i just would like to see more.

sorry gary. i'm probably not the one to be trying to give advice here.

Roman Kurywczak
01-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Hey Gary,
Don't knock yourself Harold.......you gave the same advice I was going to give! I like the sky colors......but all the horizontal bands.....sky/clouds/ and mountain....don't have enough interest/curves.....to carry such a large image. I do realize that the web presentation diminishes the impact somewhat and adding a bit more base may help some....but IMO concentrating on a smaller area may have provided more impact.

Judd Patterson
01-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Hi Gary. It's a nice sunset panorama, but overall it doesn't quite have that pop that holds my interest. I think that adding a bit more of the mountains would have helped the overall composition. I also wonder if there was a point before or after this set of images where the colors were even redder or more saturated? Nice work creating a landscape panorama with a 600mm. :)

Robert Amoruso
02-02-2009, 06:07 AM
Hi Gary,

I think the others above cover my feelings pretty well here. I can see what attracted you to the image and including a bit more base may have helped. If the lines in the image were not all horizontal, more visual interest would have been generated, i.e., the mountains and clouds are all horizontal.