PDA

View Full Version : Wako Anhinga Fishing

Matt Lerer
01-29-2009, 10:34 PM
This shot was taken one year ago tomorrow and I was able to squeeze two shots off before the fish wiggled off so not much to work with but it was a fun capture for me. Being perpendicular to each other it was impossible to have them both with some eye contact toward the camera and to me it seems the fish is looking back to see what just happened. The original image does actually have more room to the left...bad crop?

http://photos.imageevent.com/ghireptiles/nature/Wako%20Fishing.jpg

40D
1/800th
f7.1
ISO 500
400mm + 1.4x

Tony Whitehead
01-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Great catch, Matt. Lovely light on the fish and amazing expression on it's face. Would have been quite a mouthful to manage if it hadn't escaped. A little more room on the left would be good. Bird looks a little soft so a little more sharpening may be an option. The BG is a little noisy so could run some NR and mask any sharpening to the subjects.

Juan Aragonés
01-30-2009, 05:00 AM
I agree with Tony´s observations. And you are right, more room at the left would improve the composition. the timing is fantastic and the expression in the eyes of the fish is superb. Well done!

Joe Senzatimore
01-30-2009, 07:49 AM
Nits mentioned , the timing is great. It's a fun image to view.

Arthur Morris
01-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Way cool on the fish. Darkening the mid-tones would, I think, give this one more pop. Try adding some black to the neutrals in Selective Color. I think that the COMP is fine as is.

Does anyone know the fish species?

Axel Hildebrandt
01-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Great capture of this moment, the fish really makes this one. Another vote for more sharpening.