PDA

View Full Version : Lapland Longspur Express

Axel Hildebrandt
01-29-2009, 05:03 PM
I always find it amazing how much motion blur in legs one can see at relatively high shutter speeds. This longspur was running pretty fast and I would have liked him to be angled more towards me.

1D3, 500f4, 1.4x, 1/2000s, f/8, EC +0.67, ISO 400

Tony House
01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
I don't mind a bit of motion, tells the story for me. Pose looks good to me too as does the exposure and detail..... Have you been putting seed out for them?

Nice work..
Tony

Tony Whitehead
01-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Looks like Wile E Coyote was just out of frame! Nice exposure and really demonstrates the long claws well. Lovely colours and feather textures. Agree with your self crit re angle.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-29-2009, 05:52 PM
I don't mind a bit of motion, tells the story for me. Pose looks good to me too as does the exposure and detail..... Have you been putting seed out for them?

Nice work..
Tony

Thanks, Tony! I didn't put seed out but some other people must have since there were a few areas where they often gathered. There was some crushed corn, which they liked. I just sat down and waited for them to get comfortable. They didn't like the sound of the shutter, though.

Steve Maxson
01-29-2009, 06:01 PM
The bird looks very streamlined in this running pose. A nice capture of the moment and at a low angle. As Tony W. noted, the photo really shows off the "long spurs" well. Makes you wonder how they can run with those things. Well done.