PDA

View Full Version : Granuliferus Poison-dart frog (It ain't just birds!)

Juan Carlos Vindas
01-28-2009, 11:13 PM
This is one of my first images taken with the Canon Digital Rebel, and the Sigma 70-300@300, ISO 400, f/22, 1/13sec. sRGB.

Alfred Forns
01-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Good looking frog Juan If still I wold try working form different angles but he main thing here is the light, seems a little harsh.

Will move the frog over to macro and should get more suggestions !!! Fine looking little guy !!!

Robert Amoruso
01-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Cool looking frog. I like how you have the branch as a diagonal in the frame. That adds dynamics to the composition. I might suggest a polarizer to cut down on the highlights and a bit of fill flash would have been good hear. Even the pop up on the camera with negative exposure compensation (if that is possible with the built-in flash) could be employed.

Nice work.

Gus Cobos
01-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Hi Juan Carlos,
I like the composition...agree on the lighting issue and the use of fill flash...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Mike Moats
01-30-2009, 05:38 AM
Hey Juan, cute little critter, agree on the hot spot from the flash, good details.

Julie Kenward
01-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Hey, Juan! I like your subject - love the diagonal of the branch and the frog is nicely in focus. I do think he's a bit centered in the image and the light is a bit harsh. Not a bad image at all but next time watch the reflection - critters that are normally wet are notorious for bad lighting!