PDA

View Full Version : Foraging Coyote Parting Glance

Steve Canuel
01-28-2009, 10:47 PM
40D, 400DO, f6.3, 1/200s, ISO 800.

John Blumenkamp
01-29-2009, 01:14 AM
Nice capture Steve... I really like the full head turn back and the stong eye contact. If it were mine I might play with cropping some off the right and see how it looks with the coyote even further to the right in the frame. A nice one as is... I love how the coyote is set against all that grass.

Robert Amoruso
01-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Steve,

Agree that the setting makes the image. The DOF on the coyote is just right with critical sharpness on the face and good sharpness throughout. A real knock-out image.

D. Robert Franz
01-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Love the over the back glance here. Image looks like a painting.. I like it...

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Very lovely capture and I agree it would make a beautiful painting. Fine work Steve !!!

denise ippolito
01-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Steve, Very nice pose and I really like the colors of the grass, nice DOF, a lovely shot!

Steve Maxson
01-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi Steve. I like all the technical aspects of this image and I like John's suggestion about cropping a bit from the right (a maybe a little off the bottom). I'm not as fond of the pose as those above (I'm often in the minority here :) ). I would prefer that the coyote's rear quarters were angled a little more toward the right - it's that different strokes thing, you know.

Alfred Forns
01-30-2009, 05:25 PM
I like the pose as presented since it has such a strong eye contact Sort of make its for me. I do see Steve's point of a little rear end movement. Fine image either way you look at it !!! Big Congrats !!!

Sabyasachi Patra
01-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Steve,
I like this image. The first thing I notice is the patch of green grass. You got him in the right place. I like the sharpness. The dof is adequate.

I agree with John regarding taking off a bit from the right. I see Steve's point about the angled view to avoid the posterior portion. That would also be relevant for the buck images, where the back is a big white patch. I normally get this looking back images when I am trekking and following a Jackal. I would ofcourse like it more, if the coyote would be moving side ways and looks back, giving you a body parallel to your image plane. In the present image, the looking back pose works.

Steve Canuel
01-31-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions. I too would've liked a slightly more profiled pose for this shot, and I did get a couple of side shots of this coyote, but none were in the green patch of grass. I also experimented with putting him closer to the right edge of the frame but chose this crop because of the sideways teardrop shape of the green grass. I preferred the rounded teardrop shape to the sharper triangle that a closer crop created.

John Ippolito
02-05-2009, 01:54 AM
Boy, this is a very pleasing image to look at. The colors, and textures in the grass work beautifully with the look back. Very nice.