Subject dist: 655m
1/6 sec, 1/3 sec, 0.6 sec, 1.3 sec, f/14
Mode: Av
Metering: Evaluative
Exp comp: +1
AEB comp: -2, -1, 0 +1
Total Exp comp: -1, 0, +1, +2
ISO: 50

There is a halo and if I decide to print it or use the JPG in a presentation, I will take care of that. It is partly due to the over sharpening and the HDR light smoothing (or lack thereof). I over sharpened it as I like the graphic quality it presented. I know this is not to everyone's taste and that is fine. Horizontal has been leveled.

This image is about having the "HDR look".

Rene Quenneville
01-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Beautiful tones and nice composition. I love the sky and the sea. You could maybe darken the beach and increase its contrast. The beach is not strong enough compared to the rest of the composition.

Dave Mills
01-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Robert...Beautiful as presented. Rule of thirds well executed here. Lots of impact!!

Roman Kurywczak
01-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey Robert,
Now I see why you do the seascapes.......Florida is one tough landscape place!
I really like this also except for the Halo at the top of the sand....but an easy correction as you said. Originally I thought like Rene did.......add contrast to the sand.....but as i contemplated that some more I realized that the sand would then become too dominant and as presented it flows nicely with the rest of the tones in the scene. So IMO.......another winner for your seascapes.

Harold Davis
01-29-2009, 06:48 PM
i love the warm tones myself. just curious. how will you correct the halo? thanks.

Robert Amoruso
01-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Harold,

The strong white halo right on the sand dune is due to sharpening. I will selectively mask that in the redo. The larger halo is due to Photomatix and the low light smoothing setting I used. I will probably first create a curves adjustment, paint black over the how image except of at the dunes and the sky neat that. I will then use a curves adjustment to bring down the brightness of the halo. I may have to use various graduated density masks to make it right.

In Photomatix I could increase light smoothing to reduce halos but then other areas of the image will lose the look I wish it to have. I also have a program called Dynamic HDR which suspossedly can treat for this locally so I may try tone-mapping in that program too.

Robert Amoruso
01-29-2009, 07:30 PM
BTW,

This also looks good as a pano cropped above the bright yellow cloud.

Harold Davis
01-29-2009, 07:32 PM
BTW,

This also looks good as a pano cropped above the bright yellow cloud.

agreed!! and thanks so much for your reply!

Grady Weed
01-30-2009, 09:55 AM
The colors are explosive Robert. It is as if the whole world is on fire! Hopefully will see you in the glades soon.