PDA

View Full Version : Field Workshops in the Northeast

Ed Vatza
01-28-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm looking for an interesting field workshop somewhere within reasonable driving distance (5-6 hours +/-) of where I live in Eastern Pennsylvania. I've been particularly interested in a Tony Sweet workshop but all his east coast workshops are full for 2009. I found one Bill & Linda Lane on summer wildflowers in West Virginia that looks interesting to me but really know little about them.

All the workshops that I've looked at here on BPN are either in Florida or other places pretty far outside of my geographic area.

Any suggestions/recommendations on the Lane workshop or any others in the New England/Mid-Atlantic area? Thanks.

Rocky Sharwell
02-04-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm looking for an interesting field workshop somewhere within reasonable driving distance (5-6 hours +/-) of where I live in Eastern Pennsylvania. I've been particularly interested in a Tony Sweet workshop but all his east coast workshops are full for 2009. I found one Bill & Linda Lane on summer wildflowers in West Virginia that looks interesting to me but really know little about them.

All the workshops that I've looked at here on BPN are either in Florida or other places pretty far outside of my geographic area.

Any suggestions/recommendations on the Lane workshop or any others in the New England/Mid-Atlantic area? Thanks.

Ed,

Does Tony Sweet have a waiting list? I went on my first IPT with Artie (SW Florida) years ago when his daughter called me to let me know there was a cancellation about 10 days before the start of the workshop which worked for me because I was local....

Eric Silvi
02-06-2009, 08:13 PM
The Cuyahoga Valley Photographic Society is hosting a workshop, with Tony Sweet as the instructor. The workshop will be led in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park (Ohio) Oct 22-25. Go to www.cvps.org (http://www.cvps.org) for more info.

Ed Vatza
02-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the tip Eric. I will look into it. I assume (hope) the workshop is not limited to just club members and would be open to an interloper from PA.

MichaelM
02-09-2009, 01:31 PM
How about the Shoot the Light series by Charles Glatzer??

From his signature here on BPN

Charles Glatzer M.Photog - bio (http://www.shootthelight.com/about.htm)
Check out the Exciting 2009 Shoot the LightŪ Photographic Instructional Workshop Schedule (http://www.shootthelight.com/),

Art Peslak
02-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Ed,
Did you look at Joe and Maryanne McDonald. They run programs at their home in Central PA not far from State College. Their website is www.hoothollow.com

Ed Vatza
02-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I did register this morning for Tony Sweet's workshop for the Cuyahoga Valley Photographic Society (OH) for October.

I am looking at a couple of other possibilities as well but would not do and could not afford more than possibly one other.

I was looking a workshop offered by Joe Rossbach. He is doing one in Acadia in early June. As it happens, we vacation there in early June but alas his workshop runs Thursday through Monday and we are scheduled to arrive on Saturday. Think he'd let me in for Sunday and Monday at a reduced rate? :D