PDA

View Full Version : For Paul Marcellini

Roman Kurywczak
01-28-2009, 02:06 PM
I was in the Glades with Paul photogtaphing one morning when I came upon this spider web. As he will tell you....I took many different comps and angles trying to get the web isolated in a pleasing location. I worked different f-stops to compare which DOF I preferred. The fog was starting to lift as the sun was starting to burn it off. There was a breeze....so the web looked like it was in a hurricane in the viewfinder. All that effort......and I'm not thrilled with it:(. I wonder if it's the fog dispersing or just not the wow factor of a grand landscape.......I've got to give Paul credit though.......this has to be one of the toughest places to compose landscapes and he usually comes up with some winners!

Canon Mark 3 with the 28-135mm lens at 117mm for 1/160 sec. at f8 and ISO 100.

As always comments welcomed and appreciated.

Robert Amoruso
01-28-2009, 08:05 PM
I like the lower part where the grass is the BG but as it gets into the trees it loses it.
You got that last part right on landscapes in Florida.

Rene Quenneville
01-28-2009, 09:52 PM
It is a very nice web picture. The background is very distractive. You could make a square picture out of the lower half.

Roman Kurywczak
01-29-2009, 10:08 AM
It is a very nice web picture. The background is very distractive. You could make a square picture out of the lower half.

Hey Rene,
That is a very good idea and next time I will work that aspect in the field. This is why I posted this image in the first place......as I said......I worked this with numerous angle ....axcept that one.... and ultimately I wasn't happy. I was going for the whole pine tree thing and while I usually don't mind cutting tree tops (as in my previous everglades post) ....for some reason I didn't think of it here. IMO this would have worked better with just the foggy trunks and the web. I hope to get another opportunity there again later in the year. Thanks for the input!