PDA

View Full Version : Gilded Flicker

Gina Hallgren
01-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Hello,

This is a Documentary ID photo that was chosen by Bird Forum.Net quote "Super photo of this species and now the database photo." in 2006. We subsequently printed it at 12" x 16" and framed in a large mat. With native resolution of 72 it came out amazingly well being captured with a Digicam.

Still wish I had the earlier model as it's size was ideal for taking on hiking trips. Have tried about 4 models, but can't find small size with at least 10x and optical viewfinder as LCD are hard to use on small birds. Any info appreciated. Canon G10 ideal if it had range up to 10X.

Gina

CC's always welcome & appreciated, reposts too.

Olympus SP 500 UZ 10X Optical 380 mm equiv.
Program mode (Automatic, no thinking :D )
F/3.7, 1/250s
ISO 162
0.00eV
Auto WB
126 mm focal length

Gus Cobos
01-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Hi Gina,
I like the composition, image and capture,
the details are sharp with good color rendition...good head angle and eye contact...I like the habitat and the perch...suggestion: I would clone out the two front oof grass blades that are touching the bird in the face and bill, would also do a pass of noise reduction in the background...good show...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Katie Rupp
01-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Beautiful and so sharp, Gina! Thanks for the background information, how nice to have that recognition!

denise ippolito
01-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Gina, nice shot agree w/ Gus on NR . Lovely pose and details!

Alfred Forns
01-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi Gina can't imagine a better database photo !!! The bird just jumps out at you !!! Big Congrats !!!

btw ...... again cloning those two branches in front of the bird is not the thing to do, you might have been able to move left/right and gotten rid of the merge. For your personal use you can clone to your hearts content but if you post best to disclose !!!!

Oscar Zangroniz
01-28-2009, 09:26 PM
A gorgeous capture Gina. Lke Gus says, you have everything in this shot.
Big time congrats

Richard Waas
01-29-2009, 07:15 AM
Very nice Gina. Great capture, congrats!!