PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wren

Sergey Osipov
01-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Wren (Troglodytes troglodytes).

-10 Celsius, the snow around, and not freezed spring creek... The wren searching for food.
No sun light in dark evening forest. Two flashes: camera's and SB-600 in remote control mode.

Thanks for looking!

http://birds-photo.com/wp-content/gallery/wren/21-01-2009_1612__dsc7454_5m.jpg

Model: NIKON D80
Exposure Time: 1/125 sec
FNumber: F8,0
Exposure Program: Manual
ISOSpeed Ratings: 200
Exposure Bias Value: - 0.33 EV
Flash: On, no strobe return, auto mode
Focal Length: 300,00 mm
Exposure Mode: Manual Exposure
Focus Mode: AF-C
Lens Information: 300mm F/4.0 D
Flash Used: Fired (Built-In Flash)

Axel Hildebrandt
01-28-2009, 11:51 AM
I like the details and unusual setting and wish for a bit more head turn toward you and if it was possible, a lower angle. Keep them coming.

Tony Whitehead
01-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Good flash use and sharpness. Agree with Axel re head angle. I would darken down the reeds in the BG and clone out the streak behind the bird that looks like an alimentary tract ejection in progress :)

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-28-2009, 02:38 PM
So exciting to see an image from your part of the world. Excellent detail and eye contact but agree with Axel that a lower angle would strengthen this image. Many thanks for sharing and will look forward to seeing more.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Very nice image Sergey (Cepгeй). :) I wanted to ask what it was projecting from its backside. That bright patch on the water is a little distracting. But I love seeing more foreign species. Keep it up! :)

Sergey Osipov
01-29-2009, 02:27 AM
Very nice image Sergey (Cepгeй). :) I wanted to ask what it was projecting from its backside. That bright patch on the water is a little distracting. But I love seeing more foreign species. Keep it up! :)
Are you have Cyrilyc on your PS/Mac? :)
The "projecting from its backside" - just is a feather with a small piece of snow or ice on the end. Maybe it must be cloned... Thanks! :)