PDA

View Full Version : Large Whistling Teal

Sabyasachi Patra
01-28-2009, 08:32 AM
This image is from my recent trip to Keoladeo Ghana National Park at Bharatpur, India.

These teals were at a distance. That background in this part of the wetland was actually pink. Canon EOS 50D, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, ISO 400, f5.6, 1/800. Full frame.

Look forward to your comments and critiques.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Alfred Forns
01-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi Sabyasachi I'm glad you told me about the peculiar pink color, for a second I thought you were having trouble with your monitor :)

I like how you got the ducks head clear of the slid bg weed line. I'm sure going lower was not an option here but would have done wonders for the bg !!! An alternative here is go tight with the duck !!!

Juan Aragonés
01-28-2009, 09:29 AM
I have to agree with Alfred that a lower angle would made the BG of this image magic but I am sure that you could n´t get a lower angle.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-28-2009, 09:43 AM
I agree with you guys about the lower angle. An inch or two makes all the difference. Unfortunately, I was in a downward slope and could not do much. May be shifting over to a ground pod and an angle finder would help. I am kind of doing some serious soul searching on this lower angle issue after this trip.

This place was created in 1903 by the king of Bharatpur. He ordered to build dams and bunds and flooded it with water. His idea was to create a duck shooting range. So most of the times you are at a higher level with thick bushes bordering the water line.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Interesting pose and I too was interested in the pink glow of the BG in this image. Great to see this capture and many thanks for sharing.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Nice preening pose. I would crop a touch more from the bottom and clone out the white spot in the top left. Like it! :)

Arthur Morris
01-28-2009, 07:30 PM
As above but I would lose the white splotch as it draws the eye from the subject.

John Ippolito
01-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks for sharing this species Sabyasachi! Interesting pink BG, that I initially thought to be a color correction issue. I really like the pose and BG, and it looks as if you made the most of a difficult angle to photograph from.