PDA

View Full Version : A Vicious Beast

Paul Merritt
01-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Just look into to those evil eyes and you can see just how vicious and nasty this beast really is.;)

I was set up on a retaining wall at Rye Beach, NH taking pictures of shore birds when Chi Chi and her master came by. Chi Chi was walking on top of the wall off lead.
Av Mode ISO 100 1/200 sec w/400 5.6
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h33/Airedale1/chichi.jpg

Jim Poor
01-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Cute dog. Nice pose.

I have a major problem with a pincher collar being used on a chihuahua though. Not your fault of course, but those collars are only called for in a handful of cases, and any dog that behaves well enough to be off leash certainly doesn't need one.

For those who don't know, a pincher collars is basically a choke collar with teeth that are designed to dig into the neck of the dog when the collar contracts either from the dog pulling on the lead or the human yanking on the other end of it trying to correct bad behavior. The are typically for "BIG dogs" that can't be controlled by any other means, though I don't care for their use then either.

I'll get off my soapbox now ;)

Paul Merritt
01-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Thanks Jim, but as the owner pointed out to me that was on there as protection against other dogs. Chi Chi usually has it on with the prongs facing out wards, she turned them around for the photo, to show how difficult he is to handle.;)

Did you really think that anyone would need a pincher collar on a Chihuahua to control him? After all, as you can see he is not even on a lead.

Jim Poor
01-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Ah ha. I don't imagine it would be much good against another dog, but at least it is apparently not being used on the little gal.

Did you really think that anyone would need a pincher collar on a Chihuahua to control him? After all, as you can see he is not even on a lead.

That was exactly one of my points.

Good to hear that it is just for show I suppose.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks for sharing this neat capture Paul. Such a cute face and very endearing. Love to see people prepared for every photo opportunity !! Thanks again !

Maxis Gamez
01-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Cute picture for sure. As far as the collar goes, they should be used in training dogs and not adults.

Alfred Forns
01-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I think that collar is a fashion statement !!!!! What a face !!!!