PDA

View Full Version : Golden Tree Frog (Polypedates leucomystax) #4

Stuart Dahne
01-22-2008, 11:27 AM
The Association of Zoos and Aquariums has declared 2008 the Year of the Frog to mark a major conservation effort to address the amphibian extinction crisis.

Amphibians—frogs, toads, salamanders, and newts—are declining rapidly around the world. More than one-third of all amphibian species are threatened with extinction, with habitat loss and disease being two of the main culprits. Climate change and pollution are also causing amphibian decline.

Amphibians are widely thought to be "canaries in the global coalmine." They live both on land and in water, and absorb oxygen and water through their porous skins, so they may be among the first to suffer from air and water pollution. The decline of this order of animals is worrisome for its own sake. But as sentinels for the rest of us, the amphibian crisis is a grave cause for concern.

I am working on a project in honor of this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Camera Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Exposure Time 1.6s (16/10)
Aperture f/32.0
ISO 800
Focal Length 100mm (130mm in 35mm)
Flash flash fired, compulsory flash mode
Exposure Program aperture priority
Exposure Bias 0 EV
Exposure Mode auto
White Balance auto
Color Space sRGB

Mike Moats
01-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey Stuart, very cool shot, love the tired look on hiw face. Excellent details and colors. Well done.

John Cooper
01-23-2008, 01:59 AM
A well thought out composition Stuart with Good colour imapact. The subject looks a little bored with the photographic session!!

Jim Caldwell
01-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Very nice! I really like the layering of colors. Tell me, is this the same species that disappeared in western Costa RIca a decade or so ago? A friend of mine there led an expedition to try to find them in the wild, without any success.