View Full Version : Daffodils

denise ippolito
01-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Canon 5D
100 mm Macro
ISO 100
1/13 sec. at f/5.6
Tripod w/ timer

I wanted to blur out BG and make second flower OOF .However the leaf on LR is not completely visible. Is that acceptable or should I try to clone in the bottom? I figured before I do any work on this I should find out what others feel.:p

Ed Vatza
01-27-2009, 06:38 PM
I wanted to blur out BG and make second flower OOF .

This part worked well, Denise. I think the composition is simple and elegant. The background looks great and the second oof flower adds a nice touch. I do carry over one of the comments from your previous daffodil image and that is that somehow I would like to see more light on/in the center of the flower.

However the leaf on LR is not completely visible. Is that acceptable or should I try to clone in the bottom?

It is distracting from the image as a whole. I dunno. I would probably try to clone out the top rather than clone in the bottom but that's just me. Let's see what others have to say.

Julie Kenward
01-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Me? I'd clone out the whole leaf on the right - it isn't adding anything to the composition and won't be missed if it weren't there. I always think simpler is better.

The flowers themselves are lovely, Denise. I like the comp here but also would like to see one with just a little bit more separation between the two - maybe another stop to the right so they cut across the frame a bit more?

Nicely lit and lovely softness to the image. You are really making me wish for spring!

Gus Cobos
01-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi Lady Denise,
I like your image and composition. I too would clone out the oof leaf in the background...good show...:cool:

Mike Moats
01-30-2009, 05:54 AM
Hey Denise, I like the idea, but agree with Jules on a little seperation between the two, a little tight for me. Agree also on cloning out the petal on the right.