PDA

View Full Version : Garden of Eden Pano

Dave Mills
01-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Shot at Arches Nat Park a few years ago. There were 6 vert images stitched together.
Arches is a park that really lends itself to panos. This was shot late in the day. I was surprised at the swirling look to the sky after I stitched these together.
Nikon D200 24-120 lense
iso 200, f22 1/640
-1/3 comp, Tripod mtd, 2 stop split applied

Roman Kurywczak
01-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey Dave,
Originally I debated a crop off the bottom...but with all the brush and stuff that is present in Arches.....I think you did a nice job of choosing where to cut off the FG.
This also would have centered the image more.......and i know you are not a fan of that........so this was a good choice IMO.

What I really like in this one is the way the line of the rock formation mimics the cloud shape/movement of the sky. colors and exposure look right on for that time of day as it really brought up the oranges and reds. Nice seperation in all the monoliths too. Very nicely done!

Robert Amoruso
01-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Works for me for the reasons mentioned by Roman.

Rene Quenneville
01-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Very nice picture. I was also puzzled about framing. I like the foreground elements and I would try to burn the lower left brush by avout -1/3 EV. If at all possible, I would add a tad more of the outstanting sky to the top of the picture.

Ed Cordes
01-28-2009, 10:47 PM
This is a stunning presentation. If I were to nit I would suggest a bit less FG and a bit more sky.