PDA

View Full Version : Everglades Lanceleaf Arrowhead

Marina Scarr
01-27-2009, 09:29 AM
This was taken down in the Everglades off of the Anhinga Trail back in November when there were barely any birds to speak of. Don't have much experience with flora but liked the way this was curved in the frame. Thanks to Paul Marcellini, who is a photographer/naturalist down in that area, for the help with the ID.

Canon 40D, 70-200L F4 IS @ 185mm
F5.6, 1/250, ISO 640, manual mode (wind blowing and no sun)
handheld, full frame

C & C always welcome and appreciated,

Marina

Ramon M. Casares
01-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Very nice composition Marina, I love the BG, light, colors and detail. Congratulations!

Rene Quenneville
01-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Beautiful flower. Adding a grad filter from the bottom could help to bring more attention to the flower.

denise ippolito
01-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Marina, I like the composition and the sweet little bloom is great!

Ed Vatza
01-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi Marina.

Elegant looking presentation here. My only concern is that the flower looks a bit lost in the frame particularly since it is so small to begin with and the stem is so long. I would seriously consider a crop taking away the bottom half of the stem. I think that would position the flower better in the frame and make it more the star of the show.

Julie Kenward
01-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Welcome, Marina! Although I love the initial composition on this I have to agree with Ed. Not only is the flower getting a bit lost but the bottom couple of "leaves" are mostly OOF. If you cropped from right below the pair that are folded together I think it would show off the best of the plant and still maintain that lovely curve.

Gus Cobos
01-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Well placed in frame Marina,
I agree with Julie on the cropping to make this a much stronger composition...:cool: