PDA

View Full Version : Andean Lapwing and Young (Tero Serrano)

Ramon M. Casares
01-27-2009, 09:04 AM
I am sorry, I am at the officce and I don´t have a larger file, still, hope you like it, taken at Jujuy (North of Argentina) a few months ago. This was one of my best experiencies shooting wildlife and it will remain in my memory for the rest of my life! Hope you like it. I have shared with you another shot form this sunrise session, here´s the link if you´re curious. ( http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26018 ) Thanks for looking!

Ps: I know that Juan Aragonés will suggest to darken the BG, and he´s totally right about that, but this was the only file I had in the officce´s computer in low-res so I didn´t want to work on it so I just posted it as it was :D

Mark II
70-200mm 2.8
TC2X
Full frame
No flash
Mini tripod
Camuflage cape ( http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26032 )
Tv 1/400 sec
Av f/9.0
ISO 320
RAW

Comments are welcome and critiques much apreciated!

Mike Lentz
01-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Intimate momemnts! I think this is a wonderful image, Ramon!
I would clone out the few pieces of grass behind our lapwing parent.
Did you by chance add a small amount of blur around the outside/bottom of the image? if so, it looks nice.

Ramon M. Casares
01-27-2009, 09:33 AM
I would clone out the few pieces of grass behind our lapwing parent.
That´s a good suggestion, I´ll do that, thanks.

Did you by chance add a small amount of blur around the outside/bottom of the image? if so, it looks nice.
No Mike, I didn´t.

Marina Scarr
01-27-2009, 09:34 AM
This image is an absolute winner in every way. The light is gorgeous, you're at eye leve, colors compliment one another, exposure right on and the poses of each bird are perfect. Some may say too tight, but I feel you have really put all of the emphasis on your subjects with this composition. Congratulations, Ramon, you have a real winner here.

Grace Scalzo
01-27-2009, 09:52 AM
A real beauty...sweet, intimate, colorful. Congratulations, Ramon.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Great moment captured, I like the mood, light, details, angle and eye contact. Adding to the other comments, I would give it a bit more room and sharpen the grass less.

Ramon M. Casares
01-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Great moment captured, I like the mood, light, details, angle and eye contact. Adding to the other comments, I would give it a bit more room and sharpen the grass less.

Thanks Axel, not sharpening the grass is a good option I didn´t thought, sadly I don´t have more room as it is a full frame, the rest I have from this exact moment even have some clipped tails from the parent. :o

Thanks to all for your kind words and suggestions!!

Dave Mills
01-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Ramon....Just a wonderful image caught at a great moment! Well done!!

Roman Kurywczak
01-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Hey Ramon,
As many know.....I like them tight......and this is no exception. Great moment captured with very nice seperation between the chick and mom. Love the way the chick is almost cradled between the grasses and mom. Just super!

Doug Brown
01-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Beautiful photo and interaction! Nice eye contact from both birds too. I would clone out the grass above the parent's head and add a bit of canvas all around.

Raymond Barlow
01-27-2009, 01:21 PM
beautiful image Ramon.. congrats... sweet light, perch, bg, and story., awesome details., my only suggestion is that is a little tight... not much though.

Steve Maxson
01-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Outstanding, Ramon! I think it's all been said above. My only minor issue is the overall tightness, but this image works very well as presented.

Maxis Gamez
01-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi Ramon,

By far, one of the BEST image I've seen on BPN. Amazing capture. Congratulations!

Alfred Forns
01-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Impressive in every way Ramon !!! Proud of you Amazing the images you are coming up with that lens !!!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Very well done Ramón, a wonderful intimate moment. Love everything about it. :)

Ramon M. Casares
01-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Thank you so much to everybody for your kind words and suggestions, I have had everything in count in this repost so I ask you to let me know what you think, know that I am home, I took a few minutes to re-process the file, in a larger size and following your suggestions, as it was a full frame I had to take some "room" form other images from the same exact moment, I added very little room but it has a bit more, specially behind the mother and in the upper side, I have also cloned out the grases behind Mom Lapwing and I also, didn't shaprened he grass this time. Hope you like it better. Enjoy and again, thanks for your comments ad thoughts!

Roman Kurywczak
01-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Hey Ramon,
This one showed up larger size.......which is great....looks to be more contrast and a bit more vivid on the colors.....I could see 1000 vesions of this! This is still fabulous!

Ramon M. Casares
01-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Roman, I re-edited it from the RAW, so I did some other things differently and that's way it has more contrast among other details. Thanks for comming back!

Axel Hildebrandt
01-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I like the repost even better, great to see a larger version.

John Ippolito
01-28-2009, 02:27 AM
Repost is awsome. Color, saturation, light and detail here is wonderful-and the tight composition is first rate. Excellent work!

Stephen Earle
01-28-2009, 04:07 AM
The bg makes this for me along with the special light. Great shot!

Juan Aragonés
01-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Hey Ramón, you know how much I like this one. It is simply, a winner image, and you are right about the BG :D but the image is so good that it doesn´t matter. Repost at a higher size (and with the Bg a bit darker) is OUTSTANDING. I am really envious of this image Ramón ;)

Jon Thornton
02-02-2009, 03:31 AM
Very beautiful image indeed. The adult's bill forms a lovely leading line to the chick and the pose of the two birds couldn't be better. Well done.

Ramon M. Casares
02-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Thank you all guys for your kind words, comments and suggestions. I aprecieate them very much and I am glad you liked the shot.