PDA

View Full Version : Amritsar Temple

paulcompton
01-27-2009, 05:17 AM
this is my first post here, so be gentle with me. Have just returned from India, and while there visited the golden temple in Amritsar, in the Punjab. Hopefully I get it right :)

http://www.20years.net/forum/amritsar/temple1.jpg

Gus Cobos
01-27-2009, 07:41 AM
A big welcome to the BPN family Paul,
The Travel forum is a place where you can share your experiences from places you have been to; it's more relaxed. I'm not judging the photograph for technical aspects...:)
I like the capture...a very majestic place...I like the reflection of the building in the water...very nice...
Once again...welcome to our family...:D:cool:

paulcompton
01-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks Gus, some very impressive photographers on here must admit.

Alfred Forns
01-27-2009, 08:18 AM
HI Paul Big Warm Welcome !!!!!

Must have been a memorable trip and one I hope to be able to do. Love night time scenes, really well done. One small suggestion you might want to take a little of the bottom I think it will further strengthen the image. Hope you got to do some candid images !!! Looking forward to many more !!!

Sabyasachi Patra
01-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Paul,
A big welcome!

You are right. It is the Golden Temple. The temple is actually covered with 24 carat gold plates.

I agree with Alfred regarding cropping a bit from the bottom. Did you click any closeups?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

paulcompton
01-27-2009, 12:24 PM
HI Paul Big Warm Welcome !!!!!

Must have been a memorable trip and one I hope to be able to do. Love night time scenes, really well done. One small suggestion you might want to take a little of the bottom I think it will further strengthen the image. Hope you got to do some candid images !!! Looking forward to many more !!!

Now`s the time to visit India if you can, If your not put of by the security scares, people are cancelling in droves and some real cheap trips to be had. Great place, I go a couple of times a year, love it. :)

Alfred Forns
01-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks Paul I'm tempted big time That is one of my long time favorite destinations !!!!