PDA

View Full Version : Seascape

Guillermo Luis Cozzo
01-22-2008, 05:28 AM
Near "Viņa del Mar" at the center coast of Chile, a group of rocks make a beautiful landscape, trying with B&W to stop the time & keep the memory of the place.

Best Regards
Guillermo

Robert Amoruso
01-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Nice job Guillermo and I think B&W suits the image excellently. The only thing that bothers me int he composition is the small patch of FG rock in the lower right protruding into the scene. I would want to see more or none in this case.

Please post the techs for your images. Knowing the f/stop, shutter and lens as a minimum helps all of use to better understand how am image was created. Thanks.

David Kennedy
01-22-2008, 01:29 PM
I was thinking along the same line as Robert, but I might go a little farther. Of course, with this crop, you will want to expand the sky a little bit for a greater sense of balance.

I think that the tonality in this image is great, and that black and white works very well.

Jason Hahn
01-23-2008, 09:59 AM
The slow shudder speed it appears you used really adds to the mood of the scene, as does your choice of black and white. I like the crop David suggested, and would suggest to have maybe a touch more sky between the topmost rock and the frame edge.

Jason