PDA

View Full Version : Greylag wingflap

Sabyasachi Patra
01-26-2009, 01:30 AM
I tried for a vertical, as there were too many of them in close proximity. Isolating one of them was a challenge.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400 mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2x II, ISO 400, 1/640, f9 on a foggy morning in Keoladeo Ghana National Park, Bharatpur, India. Full frame.

Look forward to your comments and critiques.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Arthur Morris
01-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi Sabya, Boy, that guy looks wet and bedraggled. Great wing position and good plan with the VERT. I hope to get to Bharatpur before they nail the box shut on me. The bird in the back could have at least had the courtesy to turn its head towards you a bit...

Robert Amoruso
01-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Sabyasachi,

Great wing flap and nice detail. You could clone out the other guy.

Doug Brown
01-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Nice even light for the wing flap. In addition to removing the other bird, I might crop a bit off the bottom of the frame.

Mike Lentz
01-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Nice eye level. I also would clone out bird numero two.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-27-2009, 01:46 AM
Hi Sabya, Boy, that guy looks wet and bedraggled. Great wing position and good plan with the VERT. I hope to get to Bharatpur before they nail the box shut on me. The bird in the back could have at least had the courtesy to turn its head towards you a bit...

Artie,
Enjoyed your humor. I am sure an IPT in Bharaptur would be good. I was trying to avoid the one in the background, but could not. There were other images, but had liked the wing position of this one more.

Doug,
I would try cropping the bottom.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi