PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Sunrise at the Pier

Michael Pancier
01-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Went out this morning to shoot the sunrise at Dania Beach.

I put on the 15mm fisheye and got a most interesting effect ...

3 image HDR

5d Mark II
f/16
Canon 15mm fisheye
-2, 0, +2

and yes, we did have a red sunrise today --- the rays are not enhanced...

the shell was my friend's shell...the fisheye is so wide it picked it up in the image....

Dave Mills
01-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Michael... You handled the fisheye really well. I love how the pier leads you right to the sunrise. As in the last one the lapping water fills the foreground. The shell on the right adds to the image but isn't a main focal point any longer. The reflection and clouds further enhance. Obviously with the fisheye the horizon is curved. Beautiful and well thought out image....

Robert Amoruso
01-26-2009, 06:30 AM
Good work with the fisheye. I like the curvature of the FG wave and shore. Bridge is strong diagonal coming in from a corner and sunrise good focal point.

Gus Cobos
01-26-2009, 03:17 PM
I like the perspective on this one Michael...The colors are superb. I like how the pier leads the eye out into the ocean...congrats...:cool:

Roman Kurywczak
01-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Hey Michael,
Outstanding! Some may quibble with the shell or rock on the right......I'm not going there........this is just so well composed as mentioned above you deserve a.... just super!

Harold Davis
01-27-2009, 05:30 AM
love it!! the sunburst tops it off for me.

denise ippolito
01-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Michael, This is great! Love the colors and the fisheye!! really well done!

susanschermer
01-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Love this one, Michael. You are doing great stuff with HDR. I just got a new computer with Vista and Photomatix won't work on it.:(

Michael Pancier
01-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Love this one, Michael. You are doing great stuff with HDR. I just got a new computer with Vista and Photomatix won't work on it.:(

Susan did you check customer support? They should have a version that works on Vista with no problem. Are you using the stand alone?

Jackie Schuknecht
01-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Nice shot Michael. the colours look great and love the fisheye lens. Find the sea shell a great touch! Great PP work.