PDA

View Full Version : Help CS3 experts!

Nancy A Elwood
01-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Hello to all. I bought a nice GPS unit for my D300. The Solmeta unit and it is very nice, but here is my problem. When I take my nef into nx2 to pp then save as tiff the GPS info goes along just fine. But, when I get it into CS3 to crop it and do other edit steps then save tiff copy the GPS disappears:(. I have save profile and all that ticked. How do I get CS3 to save the GPS info from the original Tiff?? That is my usual workflow and I would like to keep to that if I can. Thanks for all the help:)

Robert O'Toole
01-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi Nancy I dont have any first hand info on this but I have heard its a TIFF format problem and not the case with JPEG or PSD.
Sorry my answer is not what you want to hear but hope it helps.
In there a reason you use TIFF? I normally dont unless I am going to print, which is not very often, and in most cases I use PSD and layers.

Robert

Nancy A Elwood
01-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi Nancy I dont have any first hand info on this but I have heard its a TIFF format problem and not the case with JPEG or PSD.
Sorry my answer is not what you want to hear but hope it helps.
In there a reason you use TIFF? I normally dont unless I am going to print, which is not very often, and in most cases I use PSD and layers.

Robert

Thanks Robert:). I save as tiff out of NX2. I will try some different things maybe saving as PSD from my tiff after cropping and/or other editing in CS3.

Thanks again.