Canon 5D
100mm
ISO 100
4.0 sec. at f/32
Tripod w/ timer
Natural light

Jerry van Dijk
01-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi Denise, I like your composition here. I just keep wishing that there was some light in the center of the flower. With some experimenting, I found out that you can there is an angle towards the light wich both gives light in the center without losing that lovely translucent backlight (see one of my earlier posts). Just keep turning and shooting! You could also use a reflector, I'm not too fond of using flash in these closeups. I like the use of the natural light just like you present here.

Julie Kenward
01-25-2009, 05:41 PM
You've got me wishing for spring now, Denise! These are always our first flowers out of the ground and they are still a good month away.

I really like your composition and angle. I like the image overall but do think the flower's 'cup' looks a little bit dark compared to how light and airy you have the surrounding outer petals - especially on the right side of the frame. It's just a personal preference thing I'm sure...but you might want to take another look at it and think about brightening that up a bit.

Aristotle Georgiou
01-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Nice composition, good detail and lovely colour to this flower. I agree with the suggestions already made.

Mike Moats
01-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Hey Denise, I agree with the other on adding a little light down inside the cup. I carry a silver/gold reflector for these situations to reflect a little added light down inside. Like the comp.

Dave Mills
01-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Hi Denise...The comp is good but agree with others about using reflective light in the center.

denise ippolito
01-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks everyone- I'm still trying to figure out those reflectors!!

Gus Cobos
01-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Lady Denise,
It's well composed and the texture is good, color rendition is fine...would add a wee bit of light in the buttercup...good show...:D:cool:

Joseph Martines
01-28-2009, 08:57 PM
denise:

Do you use live view when composing a macro??

Would live view give you a better idea of what the lighting is like and if a reflector would help?

I have found an inexpensive remote radio shutter release which really is an aid to me.

denise ippolito
01-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Joseph, Thankyou for the tip! I may need to get one of those.

Joseph Martines
01-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Try these sites"

ttp://www.alzodigital.com/

http://alzodigital.com/online_store/digital_camera_accessories.htm