PDA

View Full Version : Pucker Up!

Sue Thomson
01-25-2009, 01:26 AM
Usually I am shooting with my 105mm on the D70, cause macro is where my heart lives. Lately I have been stretching my wings and playing with my longer lenses - trying to shoot the birds that frequent my feeders and the orchard where I live.

But this will give you some idea of what I normally shoot. Yummmm .... oranges!

http://suethomson.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/pucker-up-dsc_9105.jpg

Nikon D70, Nikon 105mm lens, F32, SS1/8, ISO 1600, Auto WB, Flash off, available light

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
Sue

Julie Kenward
01-25-2009, 06:07 PM
I really like that you're looking at textures for inspiration, Sue. From a compositional standpoint, I think it would feel less crowded if you had included the entire circle of the navel plus a bit of room around it. I would also consider a square crop for an image like this - putting that circle right smack dab in the center and letting that be the visual highpoint.

Another thought would be to clean up the specular highlights so it looks even more natural.

Looking forward to more!

Mike Moats
01-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Hey Sue, totally agree with Jules that it needs the space on the left side. Most of the time we set the main part of the image in the thirds, but again agree with Jules that this would work well centered.

Gus Cobos
01-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi Sue,
I like the image, you have good details...I too prefer this to be a square crop and the main focus point in the center...:cool:

Kaushik Balakumar
01-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Very different !
Nice seeing here Sue. Especially agree with Julie's suggestion of including the whole circle (i.e. some more space on left).