PDA

View Full Version : Mouthful

Dave Leroy
01-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Common Loon snagged a fish off Point Roberts, Wa. 50D, 400/5.6 at f/8. Av mode 1/500, EC+1, ISO400.
Dave

Juan Aragonés
01-25-2009, 02:55 AM
Wow, that is a really big meal! Light is soft and nice and the angle is very good. I like the timing but the composition is not the best to my taste. Too much empty room in the upper area of the frame and the the interest of the image is on the bird´s head. Maybe a panoramic crop woukd work on this image. :-)

Alfred Forns
01-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Agree with Juan Would like seeing the complete wake left by the bird behind and some room up front. Excellent head angle !!!

Dave Leroy
01-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks. Good comments. I had originally looked at a pano and changed my mind. Second guessed myself. Dave

Arthur Morris
01-26-2009, 02:35 PM
I love the COMP as is. The water is amazing and so is the pose. The head angle is great and you processed this one much better than the one that you posted after this--the contrast is much greater and the colors richer. I am assuming that they were taken in the same light just minutes apart.

Dave Leroy
01-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks for looking Artie and taking time to comment. It is very interesting how 4 people can look at the same photo and have different preferences for aspects of the composition, particularly the size/cropping. Dave

Arthur Morris
01-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks for looking Artie and taking time to comment. It is very interesting how 4 people can look at the same photo and have different preferences for aspects of the composition, particularly the size/cropping. Dave

Agree. But you and I are on the same page. :) :) :) Not sure if I have ever seen this COMP, but it works exceedingly well for me with this pose, subject, ad BKGR. Not quite sure why though....