PDA

View Full Version : Coming home to roost

Doug Brown
01-24-2009, 11:28 PM
This Spoonie landed on top of a tree in the fading light of a gorgeous day. It got comfortable and tucked one of its legs in. I stood there in my waders enjoying the view and captured a couple of frames.

http://birdwhisperer.smugmug.com/photos/460969153_ZocaC-O.jpg

Canon 50D, 700mm, f/6.3, 1/4000, ISO 640, no flash, hand held

Juan Aragonés
01-25-2009, 03:07 AM
Superb image Doug (I am envyous :D:eek:) The pose of the bird could not be better and the light is fantastic and I am sure that this small web size presentation makes no justice to the original file. killer eye BTW. There is just one litle thing that I do not like and is the fact that the leaves at the bottom of the frame are clipped (but that is a very minor detail). I think that toning down the BG a litle bit would made the bird to pop up more and would produce a better result. Very good job on this beauty :)

Axel Hildebrandt
01-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Great light, pose and details. I would go for a wider crop and maybe lighten the shadows a bit more.

Roman Kurywczak
01-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey Doug,
Looks like you had a great time with James. Looking forward to my trip in March. The perch is sweet as is the pose. I do like Juans darker sky....but that is my preference. As I like tight crops:D......I am fine with it as presented. Very nicely done!

Ramon M. Casares
01-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Repost does make the Subject pop out much more! Love the light, BG, pose, detail, colors and great great sepceis! Congratualitons!

Doug Brown
01-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the nice repost Juan. I like it!