View Full Version : Saussy Gal

mikedelaney
01-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Canon 40D
Sigma 50-500mm
f 6.3
1/400 s.
ISO 400

i had some problems with her top-notch. i did the best i could. maybe you can guide. i used 50% grey
for it.

Gus Cobos
01-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Hi Mike,
A few things to consider...your subject is sitting too high in frame, you need to add canvas at the top to give it more head space..and you need to take some off the bottom...the base image is under exposed, and I see heavy traces of cloning marks in the background...the upper outline of the tail and body has a halo. your head angle and eye contact are off, and the capture angle is way steep...and the bird looks soft and fuzzy. I also see something funky on the bottom section of the bird, like it's missing the feet; giving the impression that it was cut and pasted on the branch...I suggest in keeping this composition as a learning tool and reference point; and move on to the next capture...:cool:

Alfred Forns
01-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Fully agree with Gus !!!

Mike try posting the exposure compensation, this should have been under exposed as taken? Also keep track of the light angle, here its form the left. At times side light can be pretty for enhancing mood and effects.

mikedelaney
01-27-2009, 03:59 PM
thanks folks. i knew it was a problem child.