PDA

View Full Version : Everglades Pines

Roman Kurywczak
01-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Going through my Florida stuff and came upon this.......I was out with Paul and we had just finished photographing Pine Island in the fog when i decided to do a few of the pines and palms in the fog. Just before the sun came up.
Canon Mark 3 with the 28-135mm lens at 60mm for 30 sec. at f22 and ISO 100. Paul was in his usual flip flops......and I was giving blood to the mosquitos. Must have been the fresh meat!

Dave Mills
01-25-2009, 01:12 AM
Roman...I think the shot was worth the blood donation. Beautiful soft light, nice foreground and a misty backround. Well handled and interesting composition....

Harold Davis
01-25-2009, 08:40 AM
i think you perfectly captured the everglades. simply too! real nice feel and the fog adds to it.

Robert Amoruso
01-25-2009, 09:41 AM
I like this a lot. The FG interest (small palm) and the use of the receding tall pines (left pines close to camera and then recede to denser forect in BG), add great depth to this image. Nicely done Roman.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Like the light and the mist in this one and the verticals in the trees Roman.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
01-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Nicely done Roman, like the depth of field, mist and patterns. You are probably lite pale to the mosquitos.

Paul Marcellini
01-25-2009, 07:25 PM
I like this comp a lot Roman. And I was watching right were you were standing. =) I played around real quick.Not sure if I like it more but its an idea I knew from painting. I lower saturation and contrast in the background and did the opposite for the foreground. I also warmed the foreground and cooled the background. Supposed to add depth. It might look a bit disjointed and may look better if more time was given. Or it might not. =)

Ok I looked at it and the background is way to cool but those are the steps.

Roman Kurywczak
01-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Hey Paul,
Before downsizing for BPN my jpeg warm tones looked like yours! It didn't suffer nearly as much in the cooler tones......haven't quite figured out why some images go flat while others seem OK???

susanschermer
01-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Gotta hand it to you. Great job with pp. I know it didn't look quite like this in the fog. You really got around while you were in S. FL. didn't you?