PDA

View Full Version : Torres Del Paine

Jackie Schuknecht
01-24-2009, 07:54 PM
One from last year. Taken in Torres Del Paine Chile.
This is one windswept place, and probably the most beautiful place I have been in my travels.

20D
f/16
1/50s
ISO 400
17 -55 @55
HH
Cropped to pano.
Took the front 2/3 and screened it and added saturation.
Comments appreciated.
Thanks.

Rene Quenneville
01-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Beautiful composition, It is well composed and exposed. When I do foreground saturation/adjustments, I try to do it in several incrementsor with a gradiant filter. In the case of your picture, the mid range hill should have had a more subtle treatment. Thank you for sharing this nice image.

Harold Davis
01-24-2009, 08:11 PM
nicely done, jackie!! might tone down the blues in the hills? love the clumpy flowers jumping around in the foreground leading you to the mtns!!

Roman Kurywczak
01-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Hi Jackie,
Compositionally you handled this very well. I like the bushes in the immediate FG and you achieved nice seperation on most of them. I do like the lightened FG but agree with Harold that a bit of work on the distant mountains may be necessary......but be careful there as you may remove too much of the haze/atmosphere......but it may also help bring some x-tra definition to the clouds. Perhaps a multiplied layer but at low opacity. all in all a nicely composed image.

denise ippolito
01-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Jackie, This is a lovely layered composition. The flower mounds are beautiful.

Robert Amoruso
01-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Jackie,

Great composition with the rolling FG growth, the darker hills and then the distant mountains. Great use of color, layers and atmosphere to add depth to this image.

Rene brings up a good point on using masks to work on the different layers of the image to improve upon tonal relationships. Roman also had some great suggestions. Keep them coming.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I will give it a rework.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-25-2009, 03:16 PM
I reworked it taking in the suggestions. Linear burn on the sky, took the blue out of the mountains, and left the middle ridge of hills alone. I hope this looks better. Thanks for all of the input.