PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Foxes From Cody

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-24-2009, 07:01 PM
This image was taken on a recent trip to Wyoming. They were such a treat to see and I could not resist posting one more.

Nikon D300
Nikon 200 to 400mm F4
1/1600, F4
manual ISO 400

All comments are appreciated.

joel quenneville
01-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Beautiful subject! This is well exposed and you have a great pose. I like the fox's great head angle, errect ears and curled tail. I would try a different crop to eliminate the dead space behind him. I you have the canvas, you could add more room in front of the fox. Otherwise, you might want to try a square format or a vertical.

This is a very good image that I would have been proud to take. Congratulations.

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-24-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't mind the dead space Judy Lynn at all. It (for me) illustrates the harsh winter habitat in which this wonderful mammal must survive. I like the pose, head angle and alert look. Beautiful fur too! :)

denise ippolito
01-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Judy, I love your composition . The soft blue BG is nice as is the perfect pose of your very beautiful fox! Nice tail curl!

Robert Amoruso
01-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Looking good Judy. As an alternative, you could remove the blue cast from the snow and get a nice high-key look.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Judy,
This looks good to me. Love the fur details. I think this will work as a vertical as well. I am sure you had a good time.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dave Mills
01-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Hi Judy...Ideally there should be more room on the left than on the right but I'm a bit torn on this image. It's a beautiful capture and in this case the subject is so strong and has a small tilt to his left I'm thinking that it carries the composition. Very nice image !!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it and it is always refreshing to see your image from another ones eyes. In this case the fox is slightly turned to the right and thus the reason for the space on the right and not the left. Had he been facing to the left the crop would have been tight on the right and more canvas on the left leaving him space to escape.

John Ippolito
01-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Beautiful soft light, expression, and pose. A Classic!

Ramon M. Casares
01-27-2009, 11:54 AM
I think the comp works very well, love the light and detail as well as the emviroment. Congratulaitons Judy!

Juan Carlos Vindas
01-28-2009, 10:58 PM
This is lovely Judy!

Love the colors of this fox.

D. Robert Franz
01-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Judy, I haven't been around for a while. Another great fox image for sure... Comp is just fine for me.

Mike Lentz
01-30-2009, 09:47 AM
First thought... the soft light is beautiful as is the subject matter! I am also one of those people that tend to pull the blues out of the snow, but thats just a personal preference thing.