PDA

View Full Version : Frog

Roman Kurywczak
01-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi all......sorry I haven't been around in a while......but I've barely had any time since returning from Florida......hopefully I will be able to visit more that things are calming down. This one was from a local park, Buck Gardens, and I got way down low with my camera practically in the water.......one of the benefits of hand holding......but these guys are usually not that cooperative and jump away.......must have wanted his picture taken that day!
In heavy/dark shade so I pumped up the ISO to allow as much natural light in as possible...Canon Mark 3 with the Sigma 180mm macro and the MT 24 twin lights at minus 2/3rds at f22 for 1/100 sec. at ISO 1250. Removed a few flash highlights in PP but was actually surprised as to how few there were. Cropped from bottom to eliminate a stray palnt top.
As always all comments welcomed and appreciated.

denise ippolito
01-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Roman, That is such a cool shot. I love the way you captured his legs.Very nice eyeballs!

joel quenneville
01-24-2009, 08:41 PM
The sharpness and brightness of the eyes immediately make them the center of attention. The open legs make good leading lines and the floating plants add a sense of location. Well done.

Julie Kenward
01-24-2009, 08:49 PM
I agree with the others...the open legs leading to the plants is perfect...they really pull your eye up and through the image. I'm half torn between saying that it needs just a touch more contrast to it and the fact that I love the soft glow of the light that is there. I think either would work perfectly well.

Mike Moats
01-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey Roman, ain't nothin cuter than a frogs head poping out of the water. Well done on this.