Flash : Flash was not fired
Focal Length : 62.0 mm
Sensing Method : One-chip color area sensor
Lens : Nikkor 18-135mm f:3,5-5,6

Any comments are welcome!

Roman Kurywczak
01-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi Adrian,
First let me recommend that you don't add large borders to an image as this minimizes the actual size of the image and lessens it's impact. A small black one for web presentation is nice....as it just seperates the image from the BG.

I like the frost and layers you captured in the tree tops and you minimized the water nicely.....just enough to act as a base although cropping off the glare may work also. The image appeared a bit flat overall......so i did a slight shadow/highlight adjustment.....which brough up the shoreline a bit......then I did a local contrast adjustment (you can find a tutorial at the top of the landscape forum under Tonal range tweaks) using unsharp masrk at amount 30....radius 45.....threshold 0......and a slight round of sharpening to bring out the tree top detail a bit more. This popped the detail more in the trees and emphasized the texture more........but it did take away some of the soft mood and may not be to your liking.......but you can adjust the settings to achieve a balance more to your tastes. I think this would make a nice B&W also.

Adrian David
01-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Thank you very much, Roman!I have reedited the photo.Here is the result...:)

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8418/frozenforestcrop2sma0.jpg

Robert Amoruso
01-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Adrian,

I like your new version and also ROman's slightly darker version. The local contrast enhancement really makes the image shine. Nice comp for the reasons Roman lists.