01-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Canon 5D
24-105mm
ISO 400
1/40 sec. at f/4.5
natural light

Julie Kenward
01-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Now don't laugh, Denise! The two partial petals at the bottom of the stem were making me crazy since they are mostly hidden anyway so I went in and cloned them out. I figured it was easier to do it than to explain it. I also wanted you to be able to compare the two images. Then I saw what I had done and I took one more petal on the right side out. Why? Look at the sweep of the petals now...You've got this gorgeous light and softness to the flower and now the petals do this incredible curve, carrying your eye from one side of the image to another.

I thought your beautiful image was a good way to show others that sometimes a very minor change can have a very real difference in the final image. See what you think...

denise ippolito
01-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi Julie, Agree w/ the first two cloned but think the one on right balances it and I think I'll probably leave it. Thanks for your help!

Roman Kurywczak
01-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Hey Denise,
I too like the clone out of the 2 at the stem but could go either way on the last petal. You may know by now that I am not the biggest fan of soft focus and shallow DOF unless it is really well done..........and in this case it is! Very nice feel and mood to this! I may add only for presentation......as the BPN BG is grey/white...adding a small black border would make the image pop even more! Very nicely done!

denise ippolito
01-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Roman, I couldn't agree more w/ the slight border.I didn't realize it's importance,since I work on LR2 and have set my screen to black.

Mike Moats
01-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey Denise, I like the orignal as it seems more balanced to me. Like the DOF and comp.

Joseph Martines
01-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Denise:

I really like the capture.

The composition from a bottom perspective is very appealing to me.