PDA

View Full Version : Red Squirrel and Bird Feeder

Raymond Packard
01-21-2008, 07:55 PM
This little critter was bound and determined that he was going to get the seed out of this feeder even if it meant getting its head stuck. Photographed with a Nikon D70s and Nikkor 300mm F.4 Exposure 1/250 at F5.6

Nonda Surratt
01-22-2008, 11:37 AM
LOL how cute! The white on the upper legs looks a bit hot and I would probably clone out the two bars on the left side. This is such a fun image and so much the essence of squirrel, well I'm still smiling.

Raymond Packard
01-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi Nonda,
Thanks for the look & comments.
Ray

David Dilworth
01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
I agree with Nonda's comments and it appears that the seed is more in focus than the squirrel. Dispite this, it's a cute photo and would make a cool poster with a nifty caption. Not perfect in some respects, but the story the photo tells couldn't be better!

Judd Patterson
01-23-2008, 02:02 AM
Hey Ray, this is a fun image! Lots of captions to go along with this, and I'm also laughing at this squirrel's situation. :) I agree that it would have been nice to center the shallow depth of field on the squirrel rather than the feed and feeder, but it still works well and communicates a fun message. Glad that you were there at the right moment!