PDA

View Full Version : Summer Dragon Fly

Art Kornienko
01-22-2009, 07:46 PM
20D, 300 F4LIS + 1.4 on monopod

http://www.usefilm.com/images/4/4/1/1/4411/1129282-large.jpg

Julie Kenward
01-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Really lovely, Art! Your focus and DOF are right on. I like the selective focus on the front of the body with the rest gradually trailing away - it's not abrupt and looks perfectly normal.

I do think the wing is a little close to the frame edge on the right side - I'd give it a sliver more room over there. I like that the image is so "in your face" but do think it could use a bit more breathing room.

Beautiful BG - pleasing colors throughout. I might sharpen the eye just a bit more but other than that...I love it.

Art Kornienko
01-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks Jules, totally agree with you on your comments and that's great, it gives me (and all of us) the objective points we should keep in mind when we put our shots together.

Gus Cobos
01-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi Art,
A beautiful image...I like the perspective and the depth of field...I agree with Julie about the room all the way around...goos show...looking forward to your next capture...:cool:

Mike Moats
01-23-2009, 05:59 AM
Hey Art, agree with others on some extra room, and do like the DOF.

Roman Kurywczak
01-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey Art,
Tightness mentioned.....and even for me (I like tight images)....a bit close. I'm usually in the more DOF group but the sharpness is where it needs to be and the softness of the BG and the DOF falloff work nicely in this instance. Maybe a hair more lightening of the eye and face for me......but that could have been lost in the jpeg compression......so nicely done!