PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Barn

Dave Mills
01-22-2009, 01:39 PM
I shot this a number of ways. A few with bushes in the foreground which I thought might be blocking too much of the scene. This seems to be the cleanest of the variations.
Nikon D200 24-120 lense iso 200 f18 1/250 tripod mtd. In my preview I noticed compared to the original my colors are less saturated and I've lost some sharpness.

Roman Kurywczak
01-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi Dave,
I like the barn placement and the trees compositionally and the colors look pretty good onmy monitor. Originally I was going to say the barn was leaning.....but looking at the edge and top....look pretty parallel to the plain.....so must be the old age lean!.....I like the way you minimized the distant mountain/slope but do wonder what it would look like with even a bit more off the top and bottom......to a tighter pano........either way......just something to explore as I find this is nicely composed all around.

Robert Amoruso
01-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Dave,

Agree with Roman on the comp.

Regarding the sharpness - you should not be losing sharpness on upload. Go to http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5598 and about 1/2 way down in Artie's first post in the thread look for "Free Excerpt: Creating an Action for your BPN J-PEGS" in red. Try this procedure for your postings. I find his JPG sharpening to be a bit too aggressive and use the older ones from his Digital Basics which are Unsharp Mask Filter on BG copy at: ROund one 175/0.3/0, Round two at 125/0.2/0, Round three at 125/0.2/0. Since you are sharpening the whole image, if you get halos you may need to selectively sharpen.

Dave Mills
01-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks for taking the time to give me the advice.... I'll take a look..

Phil Ginn
01-23-2009, 02:28 AM
I really enjoy the barn and trees. I think pano shape works well here.

Rene Quenneville
01-23-2009, 12:34 PM
I would myself try to recrop and remove ths trees on the far left (about 1/4 of the left side of the picture). This way the barn would stand out even more.