PDA

View Full Version : Camera Body and Calibration Test?

Brian Kersey
01-21-2008, 07:06 PM
I have a 1DMk2, 100-400, and a 50 1.8. How do I test if I need to get my lens and body calibrated without having to pay for the test itself? I have been having AF issues with my Out of Warranty 1D2 and 100-400 and need to determine whether or not its just me or my equipment.
I don't really want to pay $240 so this is really important to me.
Thanks for the help

Brian Kersey

Johnny Bravo
01-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Hey Brian,

To start with, make sure you're not shooting that lens wide open and at 400---and use a tripod if you're shooting that lens long. You've got a much better camera now, so you can see the shortcomings of a lens much easier. I'll be out of town for a few weeks, otherwise I'd invite you to meet me at Bolsa so you could try a few of my primes. I'm guessing that you're just seeing the shortcomings of a zoom used at a long focal length.

Best,
John

Brian Kersey
01-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey Brian,

To start with, make sure you're not shooting that lens wide open and at 400---and use a tripod if you're shooting that lens long. You've got a much better camera now, so you can see the shortcomings of a lens much easier. I'll be out of town for a few weeks, otherwise I'd invite you to meet me at Bolsa so you could try a few of my primes. I'm guessing that you're just seeing the shortcomings of a zoom used at a long focal length.

Best,
John

Your probably right Johnny, I would really like to try the 400 5.6. I have been really considering switching to a prime and short zoom setup. When do you think you'll be back so I can try it out?

Thanks

Brian Kersey

Brian Kersey
01-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I did a test, shot with the pod and all of that.
The 100-400 was suffering due to user error
Oh well :)