PDA

View Full Version : Torres Del Paine

Jackie Schuknecht
01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Wasn't sure whether to save or scrap this, if it has enough interest or is just a pedestrian shot. This water coming off a glacier was really this intense blue colour. The lighting is harsh, but when you are in group travel sometimes you don't have much choice. Chile, South America.
f/16
ISO 400
1/60s
100-400 @105
Straightened a bit, otherwise full frame.
Braced from the window on the bus.
If it is worth saving what changes if any would you make,
Thanks

Alfred Forns
01-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Would keep Jackie Would have nice to take the time and frame differently but on tours you get what you can. btw with the new stitching feature of PS3+ you can do some nice panos the easy way.

As presented might tweak the clouds and get more contrasts up there !!!! Neither blacks or whites are close to their max !!

Gus Cobos
01-22-2009, 03:52 PM
I would keep it Jackie,
I love those mountains...:cool:

denise ippolito
01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Jackie, I never saw water that color before! I think you did well framing the image w/ the fence posts.

Harold Davis
01-22-2009, 06:02 PM
that is a beautiful blue in the water!!! i'd definitely keep. would try some contrast overall just too see what it looked like.

Jackie Schuknecht
01-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone. I actually toned down the colour of the water if you can believe it. Such a beautiful azure colour. I actually have some other verticals so I think I can do a stitch. Will give it another go.
Haven't been on as much lately as I am coming close to the end of my working career and am trying to build up the pension, so I have been working a lot of hours. If I had more time I would be on here and photographing 24/7.

Katie Rupp
01-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Jackie, its a keeper; the foreground takes you into the view and the water is really gorgeous! Hope your retirement is soon so you can get busy enjoying yourself.

Oscar Zangroniz
01-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Beautiful colors specially the water Jackie. I also vote to keep.

Kathy Reeves
01-23-2009, 12:20 PM
It is definately a keeper---wow that water is something.