PDA

View Full Version : Sunlight Snowdonia

Tom Dolezal
01-22-2009, 11:00 AM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/_V2C0714-Edit.jpg

C&C welcome

Technical: Canon 1D Mk3, Canon 16-35 Mk2, ISO 400, f/11, 1/640, -2/3 EV, handheld

Thanks for looking

Roman Kurywczak
01-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Hi Tom,
You captured the starkness of the terrain well but for my tastes the shadows become too over powering......the top one on the mountain more than the FG one.....as my eye is immediately drawn to it's mass. Exposure and composition....with the water flow were very nicely handled.......just would have preferred if you waited for the cloud shadow to have passed on the mountain.

Robert Amoruso
01-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Roman captured my feelings on this one Tom. I think the comp is just perfect on this and more sun on the BG mountain would be preferable.

Tom Dolezal
01-23-2009, 04:18 AM
Hi Tom,
You captured the starkness of the terrain well but for my tastes the shadows become too over powering......the top one on the mountain more than the FG one.....as my eye is immediately drawn to it's mass. Exposure and composition....with the water flow were very nicely handled.......just would have preferred if you waited for the cloud shadow to have passed on the mountain.

Thanks for your comments Roman which are very much appreciated.

As for the shadow I consider that it depends how you are viewing this scene - a case of different eyes see different things.

My perspective on the shadow is that what caught my eye was very much the play of shadow - by cloud or mountain - onto the landscape which was golden in the sunlight. Basically the interplay of shadow and sunlight across the vista.

Certainly without that depth of shadow in the fg you would not have that dapple light effect in that area.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
01-23-2009, 04:20 AM
Roman captured my feelings on this one Tom. I think the comp is just perfect on this and more sun on the BG mountain would be preferable.

Thanks Robert for popping in and commenting - very much valued.

Tom