PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Mourning

Dave Courtenay
01-21-2009, 02:16 PM
I have just spent 4 days at the coast and the weather was bitter,Even the sea started to freeze and this is North Carolina where its meant to be balmy, Today i awake to snow and not just a smattering-about 6'' and its continued to snow all day,So i quickly set up in the garden,The feeders have been up for a couple of months so the birds know they are there,Hope it continues for a few more days, I miss the snow,It adds something to an image like nothing else,Here is a mourning dove waiting for its turn to feed, I have put some more images up on my blog for anybody who is interested

Nikon D3 600F4VR Spot metered off of snow +2

John Chardine
01-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Super image Dave. Love the sharpness, perch, BG pose, snow flakes. Don't see any way it can be improved.

Daniel Cadieux
01-21-2009, 06:42 PM
I would only love a catchlight to give life to the eye. Check your original file...there is a good chance there is a natural reflection in the eye that can be "dodged" back to life. Great perch, but too bad there is an abruptly "pruned" twig near the feet. Excellent wintery feel :-)

Birds are always busier at feeders when fresh snow covers and hides most other food sources...take advantage of it!!

ChasMcRae
01-21-2009, 10:59 PM
I was also out there in that AM shooting since we have even less snow than you.

Great comp, good perch and nice smooth density overall on the Dove.

Chas.